Wednesday, May 7, 2008

AOC Beta Issues updates


I came across this article

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/191/feature/1927 at mmorpg.com.

It has an interview with some interesting insight on some of the issues many people on the forums and blogosphere have been having with the Age of Conan Open beta.

Explanation of what caused alot of the load issues is explained to be due to an "update" to the code prior to the open beta. Apparently, in an effort to bow to consumer demands and "peer pressure" Funcom wanted to squeeze in a couple of new fixes to enhance the beta.

If you believe this I've got some swampland in Florida I'd like to sell you!

I find it hard to believe that an experienced mmo developer would find the need to insert code that was not properly quality tested, prior to a major release. In fact according to the article I can only assume it was done mere hours before the beta began!

This article didnt really alleviate my concerns, if anything it made me more skeptical that funcom has it's ducks in a row this close to release.

But who knows, maybe its just me?

No comments: