Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Getting owned in eots

The eye of the storm.

What's up with the alliance getting owned so much in this battleground? Is it just me?

So, since my rig is not strong enough to run AOC, I decided to wipe the dust off wow and fire it up for a bit. I figured I would let Wow tide me over until I decide to get a new Pc in about a month.

I got on my 70 warrior and decided to re-spec protection, I hardly have time to play and I figured maybe I could run some instances if I planned it out in advance. Groups always need tanks.

I had some descent protection gear, but I wanted to get this 1h sword from the bg vendor which required 20 eye of the storm marks.

No problem I thought, boy was I wrong. I think I may have won 2 matches out of 16. One of those wins seemed like the horde were purposefully letting us 4 cap. The second win was just eaked out in a very close battle.

Very few of the losses were close however, most were blowouts. Some were a bit close but they always seem to start of well, but somehow during the course of the battle something goes wrong and we end up losing.

No one wants to plan in the beginning, and even if you do decide on a strat, 2 or 3 people do their own thing anyways. What could the problem be? Is it impatiance, does the horde have better gear? Are alliance players inferior? Is it me?!?!

If anyone has some ideas on how the alliance can win in this bg, i'd love to hear it!

Despite what's said, prot spec is not too bad in pvp. It has its place, sure you dont get many kills, but I do serve as a good distraction and attract alot of players trying to kill me. Usually this can help turn the tide in certain cases. Plus they always need tanks for AV.

No comments: